Women on Mission
First Tuesdays, B-216, Enter through the Front Office
- 9:30 a.m. Bible Bunch – A Bible study using Twelve Extraordinary Women by John MacArthur with different teachers each month - Facilitator: Barbara Joiner
- 10:15 a.m. Ready Readers – Each month a book is reviewed. Facilitator: Carolyn Bales
- 11:00 a.m. World Awareness – A missionary focus group that looks at the many ways missionaries are serving through the Association, Georgia Baptist Convention, International Mission Board and the North American Mission Board – Facilitator: Barbara Joiner
Mission Encouragers, Third Thursdays, 7 p.m. in homes
This group focuses on missionaries and ministries. Facilitator: Maria Manahan
Wellspring Sewing Group and Wellspring Crafters, Second Thursdays - Facilitator: Joann Brittingham
Woman's Missionary Union
"For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard" Acts 4:20 NIV
The objectives for Woman’s Missionary Union are:
- Pray for Missions – “Pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it is with you. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith” (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2, NIV).
- Engage in Mission Action and Witnessing – “Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people” (Matthew 4:23, NIV).
- Learn About Missions – “Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning” (Proverbs 9:9, NIV).
- Support Missions – “Jesus traveled about from one town and village to another, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom of God. The Twelve were with him, and also some women… Mary… Joanna… Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means” (Luke 8:1-3, NIV).
- Develop Spiritually Toward a Missions Lifestyle – “We have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:9b-10, NIV).
- Participate in the Work of the Church and the Denomination – “From him the whole body, joined and help together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work” (Ephesians 4:16, NIV).
WMU Leadership Team
WMU Director: Glenda McDugald
Women on Mission Coodinator: Maria Manahan
Prayer Leader: Nancy Terry
Mission Support Leader: Sheryl Hilliard
Mission Friends Coordinator: Tom McDugald
Georgia WMU and Women’s Ministry
For information on a group’s meeting place or dates, call (404) 935-5903.