Like Jesus, every Christian’s goal should be to increase…in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and fellow human beings. To that end, the purpose of the Senior Adult Ministry at Briarlake is to give “adults with seniority” a place to grow in their faith and to share the wisdom gleaned from their lives’ experience.
The Senior Adult Ministry provides many different opportunities for this group to reach, teach, minister, and fellowship. Much of this is done through participation in the on-going ministries of Briarlake, and includes the following:
- Life Groups – Small groups for men, women, and couples with focus on Bible study, ministry, and fellowship
- Mission Trips – local, state, national, and international projects involve many volunteers in teaching ministries and construction work, showing God’s love in a variety of ways
- Home-bound Ministries – provides in-home visits, literature, worship service CD, and seasonal remembrances
- Extended Care Ministry – visitation to residents of nursing homes and extended care facilities, and contact with family members
- Young-in-Heart – monthly meetings feature a variety of entertaining programs and a fellowship meal - Usually held the 4th Monday of each month. Check the section below for more information about what's happening this month.
- Special Events - 55+ ministry team assists in planning and coordinating special events
- Travel – local, Georgia, USA, international
Contact Johnnie Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.