Like Jesus, every Christian’s goal should be to increase…in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and fellow human beings. To that end, the purpose of the Senior Adult Ministry at Briarlake is to give “adults with seniority” a place to grow in their faith and to share the wisdom gleaned from their lives’ experience.
The Senior Adult Ministry provides many different opportunities for this group to reach, teach, minister, and fellowship. Much of this is done through participation in the on-going ministries of Briarlake, and includes the following:
- Life Groups – Small groups for men, women, and couples with focus on Bible study, ministry, and fellowship, such as Women's Bible Study on Wednesday morning and the Community Bible Study on Wednesday nights.
- Young-in-Heart – monthly meetings feature a variety of entertaining programs and a fellowship meal - Usually held the 4th Monday of each month. Check the section below for more information about what's happening this month.
- Special Events - 55+ ministry team assists in planning and coordinating special events, such as a free bi-monthly Movie Matinee at the church, with free admission, drinks, popcorn and candy.
- Home-bound Ministries – provides in-home visits, literature, worship service CD, and seasonal remembrances
- Extended Care Ministry – visitation to residents of nursing homes and extended care facilities, and contact with family members
- Travel – local, Georgia, USA, international
Contact Johnnie Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the email link to the right) for more information.
Worship Services: Live streaming is available for our 11 AM worship service on: